Assistant General Manager
Posted On August 24, 2022
Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Mt. Pleasant is actively seeking a hands on person that is willing to go above and
beyond to take care of our guests and our associates. We are an extend stay property located in Mount Pleasant, SC just
minutes from the Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island Beaches.
To assist in all areas of hotel operations, ensure proper staff training, promote high guest satisfaction while in
compliance with all company and brand standards.
– Interview, hire and train new associates to follow all brand standards.
– Ensure new associates take part in new-hire orientation and make sure all associates receive proper job-related
training as well as all required ongoing training requirements.
– Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms including name tags and upholds property grooming standards.
– Fill in as needed when staffing levels are limited due to occupancy increase, inclement weather, call outs or any
other unexpected reason.
– Coach associates to enable high associate satisfaction.
– Review employee performance and conduct personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and/or terminations.
– Maintain accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest ledger limit, AR Aging reports, Direct Billing etc.
– Process daily deposits and make collection calls to customers with direct billing approval.
– Assist Food & Beverage Department with scheduling, training including Brand standards and new breakfast role
outs as needed.
– Identify and take action to increase incremental revenue during high demand.
– Assist with monitoring all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in
– Conduct daily and weekly inspections of facility and work with other department leaders to ensure cleanliness
and maintenance issues are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
– Review daily audit reports for accuracy and investigation of any irregularities.
– Provide feedback to associates during staff meetings about guest survey scores, associate survey scores,
goals/budgets, and operational issues to assist associates in understanding areas in need of improvement.
– Respond to guests’ complaints and resolve it to best of the guests’ satisfaction.
– Monitor and respond to guest feedback on guestVoice, OTA websites, and Trip Advisor.
– Ensure effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
– Assist with any other administrative duties when asked or as needed.
– Report all concerns and issues to the General Manager.
– Fill in as “acting” General Manager when General Manager is unavailable or away from the property for a period
– Adhere to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
– At least 1-2 years of hotel management experience preferred.
– Marriott Brand experience strongly preferred but not required.
– Must be a positive role model for staff and co-workers with ability to identify and resolve problems timely.
– Available to work weekends, holidays, and nights as needed.
– Must be flexible in work hours to accommodate last minute changes in scheduling.
– Must have strong interpersonal skills to engage and interact with associates and guests.
– Must be detail oriented in supervising staff, inspection of facilities and completing assignments.
Job Setting and Physical Demands:
Employees in this position work mainly indoors. The candidate must be able to use a computer and other standard office
equipment, talk to customers on the phone, and maintain a calm demeanor when dealing with guest issues. Employees
must also be able to walk and stand for long periods of time. The candidate must be able to move freely and quickly
throughout the hotel. Fluency in the English language and the ability to speak, hear, read, and write are required as is
the ability to work any hours/days of the week necessary to meet business requirements.
EOE – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.