Catering Sales Manager
Salthouse Catering1740 Signal Point Rd Unit 200, Charleston, SC 29412
Posted On October 12, 2022
Job Description – Salthouse Catering
Catering Sales Manager
This is a highly responsible position involving selling, planning, scheduling, coordinating and execution of
events. The employee works under direct supervision of the General Manager, Vincenzo DiSalvo. The job
requires familiarity with the overall operations of the catering business. The employee must exercise
considerable initiative, independent judgment, diplomacy, flexibility and discretion in the performance of
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Maintain high level of daily selling activity (personal visits, prospecting calls, lead generation, etc.),
ensuring your ability to consistently meet and exceed budgeted sales and objectives.
▪ Responsible for creating and meeting goals of monthly sales action plan.
▪ Field all incoming inquiries and qualify for their potential. Provide client with innovative and timely
proposals exhibiting thorough knowledge of their needs as pertains to menu selection, beverage
preferences, event staffing needs.
▪ Maintain high level of networking activity by attending monthly meetings for appropriate organizations
(CVB, Lowcountry Local First)
▪ Establish and maintain relationships with key accounts through networking, contact and entertaining
resulting in repeat business.
▪ Keep current on industry trends. Evaluate competition on an ongoing basis through menu review,
▪ Generate and be knowledgeable of budgeting, goals and progress.
▪ Responsible for securing all deposits, payments and sending timely invoices to clients.
▪ Full knowledge of food and beverage products.
▪ Strong communication skills with clear understanding of and ability to express Salthouse’s position to
close on sales.
▪ Responsible for participating in yearly sales activity plan as well as marketing plans to drive sales.
▪ Initiate calls and execute sales appointments with new & existing business leads on a regular basis.
▪ Set up and execute event planning appointments and site visits.
▪ Work with client to secure a floor plan design and timelines of event after menu and beverage
package is confirmed
▪ Complete and/or confirm orders for misc. services (rentals, AV, etc.)
▪ Gather all event details and communicate to BOH and FOH at weekly BEO review meetings (not limited
to site visit details, floor plans, special menu requests, logistical details, directions, etc.
▪ Receive final guest counts and communicate to BOH and FOH.
▪ Attend events as appropriate to assist with proper set up and execution.
▪ Post event follow up with FOH, BOH and client. Written correspondence to client.
*there may be occasions where this position is required to act as a FOH Captain for events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position requires excellent organizational skills! In addition, the employee must have exceptional people
skills and possess the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients. The employee in this
position may at times work under pressure and therefore should possess the ability to be flexible, to re-
arrange priorities and to use common sense. Stay in control and maintain a cool head in dealing with
clients and co-workers. This position also requires a basic understanding with business and sales oriented
numbers. Basic knowledge of event/wedding industry necessary. Passion for food and service knowledge
Experience And Training
The employee in this position should have a minimum (2) year’s experience in hospitality or related industry.
Basic computer skills required. Experience with Caterease software a plus.
The employee should also have demonstrated skills and a proven track record in the areas of proposal
writing, prospecting, networking, qualifying and closing.
Passion For Hospitality Business
Hardworking, Dedicated And Trustworthy
Aggressive And Tenacious
Desire To Learn
A Winning Spirit And Desire To Succeed
Sets And Accomplishes Goals
Eye For Detail As Well As Superior Standards
Efficient And Organized
Respectful To Others
Benefits for Salaried Position
Working for Salthouse has its benefits outlined here:
▪ Participation in Salthouse Matched 401K Retirement Program (after 1 year of service, 21 yrs of age,
1000 hrs worked annually)
▪ Annual Review and Pay Increase (Cost of Living 2% + Merit up to 3%)
▪ Paid Time Off (1 week/5 days vacation year one, 2 weeks year two and beyond)
▪ Sick Pay (2 days per calendar year)
▪ Paid Bereavement Leave (2 days per calendar year for immediate family members)
▪ Paid Holidays to include: Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Days
▪ Opportunities for Bonus Incentives
▪ $250 Annual Healthcare Allowance/Reimbursement (Urgent Care, Annual Physical, Testing,
Acupuncture, Chiropractor, Vaccines, etc.)
▪ $150 Annual Uber or Rideshare Reimbursement
▪ Continuing Education Opportunities + Funding
▪ Employee Outings
▪ Yohala Yoga Classes
▪ Family Meal (at the Kitchen Monday – Thursday)
▪ Tips/Gratuities (when offered)
▪ Employee Referral Programs
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.