Director of Guest Services at The Spectator and French Quarter Inn
Charleston, SC 29401
Posted On January 19, 2022
Director of Guest Services
SENIOR LEADERSHIP POSITION AT 2 OF THE TOP 25 HOTELS IN THE COUNTRY – COMPREHENSIVE BONUS STRUCTURE
- Directly oversee, supervise, and manage the daily operations of the Guest Services department. This is a multi-property position for The Spectator Hotel and French Quarter Inn, two sister luxury boutique hotels with 91 total guest rooms.
The Director of Guest Services carries at least a 50-hour work week expectation; effective time management as well as strong verbal and written communication are of key importance. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Job Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- Create strategies to reduce costs and maximize productivity without reduction of consistency and Quality Standards.
- Meet and exceed guest expectations with quality and timeliness of service, in a pleasant and friendly manner
- Create new programs in response to market conditions, revenue opportunities and guest experience enhancements
- Create strategies to streamline process management for all areas of the hotels
- Monitor and review of Quality Standards
- Analyze multiple channels of guest and quality assurance feedback, communicating them to the team and taking corrective actions
- Work closely with other members of management throughout the hotel and the Company
- Effectively communicate and enforce company rules and regulations
- Maintain open lines of communication to direct subordinates and superiors by providing efficient feedback and follow up non prompted, delegating responsibilities, working with other related departments and reporting to senior management
- Act as an ambassador within the community and local hospitality industry
- Conduct strategic and informative staff meetings as required
- Assist in and be accountable for the timely completion of any projects as requested
- Participate in Manager on Duty (MOD) rotation regularly
- Recruit, select, train, and manage employees to deliver superior guest service and quality products that will lead to maximizing revenue and profitability goals
- Maintain a high personal visibility throughout the property
- Display a high standard and passion for genuine customer service
- Actively promoting a work environment which genuinely cares for guests and associates alike
- Serve as a role model for staff and co-workers and maintain a positive work environment where employees are encouraged to discuss matters of concern openly and honestly with any member of management
- Act with highest form of honesty and integrity, always adhering to company polices and guidelines
Guest Services Department
- Hiring, onboarding, and training process for all new staff
- Direct liaison, support, guidance, and mentor staff
- Conducting continuous and regular trainings on room inventory, selling strategies, maximizing room revenue, prevention on loss of revenue, guest satisfaction, financial handling as well as monthly meetings
- Develop and foster outstanding customer service skills including fielding and handling guest complaints, providing directions, recommendations, and review of common restaurants and sites
- Assisting, supporting, and enhancing the operation for an efficient check in/ check out and guest experience
- Inventory and supply control and maintenance
- Brainstorming and implementing ideas and processes to improve the operation and service provided
- Become an expert matter on any RoomKey PMS functions and discrepancies, how to solve RoomKey issues and maintain proper knowledge of such
- Become an expert matter on OTA channels/ functions/ partner central platforms and navigating, investigating, and resolving OTA booking issues, payment discrepancies and end of month reconciliations
- Become an expert matter of CC processing, understanding all functions, using the platform, and successfully resolving any CC processing related issues
- Become an expert matter on daily financial input into Accounting software including GLs and their relations to Front of the house operations
- Champion and oversee reputation management initiatives (including online reviews and other in-person and digital guest feedback), ensuring that guests are responded to in a timely manner, and that the hotels continue to achieve a high level of praise in the media
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly property management reports
- Provide thorough reports and updates to ownership and corporate team members on regularly scheduled intervals and as needed
- Managing all cash banks and petty cash
- Budget/forecast expense assistance
- Check on outstanding payments and bringing accounting concerns to the General Manager, and Corporate Accountant as needed
- Oversight of end of month accounting processes
- Efficiently and stringently manage payroll.
- Maintain an accurate and current record keeping system (paper and digital).
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPS) and support the Peer Review Process
- 5+ years in progressive leadership positions, primarily in Hotel Operations (i.e. AGM, Rooms Division Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Front Office Manager, Guest Services Manager).
- Exceptionally organized, meticulous, and task-oriented.
- Hospitality or Business College Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Forbes, AAA, Relais and Chateux grading criteria.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in MS Office and adaptable/flexible in technical learning ability of hotel related systems
- Prior experience in RoomKey PMS, M3, TravelClick, ProfitSword, Heartland are preferred
- Must be willing to work days, nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays; and dates that meet the demands of a luxury hotel environment
- Strength in organizational, administrative, and time management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Performance driven, assertive, self-motivator, and hardworking
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures;
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures;
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time