Event Staffing Manager
Posted On February 2, 2024
If you thrive in a dynamic environment and are passionate about orchestrating seamless events, we invite you to join our team. As the Event Staffing Manager, you will be at the forefront of ensuring the success of our events, overseeing staff coordination, logistics, and upholding the highest standards of professionalism in the industry.
General Responsibilities: Catering Staffing and Scheduling
- Source qualified candidates through various channels, such as job boards, social media, and networking events.
- Conduct thorough interviews to assess candidate qualifications and fit for specific job requirements.
- Maintain, manage, and improve systems and procedures related to new hire paperwork, employment tenure data, staff availability criteria, accurate processing of service staff payroll, and uniform inventory.
- Ensure correct staff data in Nowsta and internal systems.
- Input paperwork for new staff into the employment system.
- Communicate pertinent event information clearly to staff.
- Obtain confirmations from all staff after receiving event information.
- Assist in maintaining and updating information for employee event handbooks.
- Collaborate on training programs throughout the year.
- Problem-solve with Event Managers on event day cancellations and no-shows.
- Ensure event staffing complies with City, State, and Federal labor laws.
- Be available by cell phone for staff regarding last-minute staffing changes.
- Coordinate pickup and delivery of rental orders managed by Rosemary & Rye Catering Sales Team
- Monitor inventory of event supplies and provide monthly reports to the catering manager.
- Collaborate with the sales and kitchen teams to coordinate drop-off catering deliveries.
- Oversee event pack-outs and maintenance of storage rooms.
- Oversee hourly staff responsible for event pack outs and loading of event trucks
- Create event signage and monitor sign supplies.
- Assemble Event Manger folders, including BEOs, layouts, rental inventory, staff lists, event summary sheets, and more
- Attend various events to check-in staff, ensure proper training and uniforms, and address any issues.
- Serve as a point of contact for employees, addressing any concerns or issues that may arise.
- Experience in staffing or recruitment industry preferred.
- Ability to coordinate various activities with multiple components requiring independent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Comfortable in a multitasking environment with frequent interruptions, short deadlines, and occasional high pressure.
- Knowledge of service, food, and beverage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Adequately represent the organization when in contact with staff and vendors on the telephone.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent basic math skills.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Proficient in using HR software and tools. Experience with Caterease and Nowsta is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk/stand for the entire day and occasionally sit in meetings or in front of a computer screen. The employee must occasionally reach, bend, stoop, and lift up to 50 lbs., reach overhead, and have the stamina to work up to 50 hours a week occasionally.
Join the R&R team and be part of creating memorable experiences for our clients through exceptional staffing coordination and management. Apply now to contribute to the success of our events!
Salary: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
Benefits: PTO, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person – Charleston, SC