Explore Charleston Visitor Center Representative
Posted On August 24, 2022
Explore Charleston Visitor Center Representative (Part-Time)
About this Job
This part-time position is responsible for directly serving visitors by providing courteous service and
accurate information on tourism in the Charleston area in-person, by phone, and electronically.
• Serve visitors to all area Explore Charleston visitor centers in a cordial, outgoing, professional
• Serve visitors as needed in The Best Friend Charleston Train Museum (23 Ann Street, Downtown
Charleston) in a cordial, outgoing, professional manner
• Answer in-bound calls to Explore Charleston from prospective visitors requesting information
about the Charleston area in a courteous, professional manner
• Assist visitors electronically via live chat at ExploreCharleston.com and Facebook Messenger in
a courteous, professional manner
• Be fully knowledgeable about points of interest and special events in the Charleston area
• Keep the visit planning area clean and orderly
• Visit area tours and attractions to remain current on visitor services and interests
• Be responsible and accurate with ticket/publication sales as well as all counter duties.
• Supervisory staff may be responsible for opening and closing as well as being familiar with all
• Submit requests for visitor information using Simpleview CRM
• Good command of the English language, including comprehension, verbal, and written
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to operate office equipment and learn software programs such as Windows, databases
• Ability to operate cash register/data processing equipment
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations accurately
• Ability to grip/grasp various tools and equipment used in the office area.
• Good eyesight and hearing which may be corrected with an aid if necessary
• Ability to rotate body in standing or sitting positions
• Access to reliable transportation
• Must be able to work 15-25 hours per week.
• Must be able to attend monthly staff meetings, typically held after standard work hours
Location: Charleston Visitor Center, 375 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29403
• Type: Paid
• Duration: Temporary/ Seasonal
• Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Paid training is provided. Complimentary parking is provided on-site during each work shift.