Front Desk Agent
Posted On August 11, 2023
$500 Sign On Bonus for full time, hourly, permanent new hires!
$18.50 per hour!
The historic Francis Marion Hotel in Charleston, SC has an immediate opportunity for a Front Desk Agent. Built in 1924, the Francis Marion Hotel remains Charleston’s premier landmark hotel. Rising 12 stories above the historic district, the hotel offers spectacular views of Charleston’s church steeples, mansions, and famous harbor. Located downtown on Marion Square, the hotel is within walking distance of the magnificent gardens, museums, shops, and award winning restaurants that make Charleston a world-renowned destination.
The Front Desk Agent position plays a key role in helping our guests create memories that will last a lifetime. We are looking for individuals that are energetic, upbeat, outgoing, and willing to shine as part of our Francis Marion Hotel staff. The Front Office Agent is primarily responsible for handling all guest interactions and going Above and Beyond to exceed guest expectations.
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for the arrival and departure of our guests while also providing information about hotel services, features, and room amenities. The Front Desk Agent may also be responsible for coordinating any special guest requests, handling VIP’s, group arrivals, and following up on inquiries left by guests.
• Efficient and friendly check in and out of guests of the Francis Marion while maintaining AAA Four-Diamond standards
• Maintain an impeccable grooming appearance and work uniform
• Distributes mail, faxes, messages or packages to registered guests or hotel personnel
• Act as the resort’s central source of information, providing it to inquiring guests. This knowledge must extend from hotel statistics to local attractions and directions. One must have a general knowledge of the City of Charleston and surrounding areas.
• Acting in accordance with the resorts credit and cash handling procedures
• Resolve customer complaints and answer guest inquiries in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, check cashing, and safety deposit boxes, etc.
• Must be able to cross train and be able to work as a concierge during times of need
• Answering the phone positively and with professional phone etiquette.
• Must help keep front desk and all employee areas clean
• Performing courtesy call backs to guests inquiring into their stay and room appearance
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Full Time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, PTO, 401k, free employee meals.