Front Desk Associate
Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Mt. Pleasant116 Isle of Palms Connector, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
Full Time • Part Time
Posted On August 24, 2022
Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Mt. Pleasant is actively seeking a hands on person that is willing to work together
as a team to go above and beyond to take care of our guests. We are an extend stay property located in Mount Pleasant,
SC just minutes from the Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island Beaches.
To provide courteous Front Desk service according to the brand standards and the company’s policies and procedures to
increase customer satisfaction.
– Demonstrates going above and beyond within reason to meet or exceed customer expectations
– Provides quality service to the customer by anticipating guests’ needs, responding to their requests promptly,
efficiently, and courteously during check-in, check-out, and throughout the guests’ stay
– Responds to customer requests for information about the hotel
– Responds to guests’ issues and/or concerns following Marriott’s Service Training
– Completes all necessary training in a timely manner
– Communicates special services requested by the guest to all appropriate departments
– Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the communication log for each shift; updates log for
– Minimizes loss of revenue by following all credit and inventory control procedures
– Ensures all guests present a form of payment and identification upon check-in
– Monitors guests’ accounts to ensure hotel credit limits and verifies accuracy of registration information
– Verifies all information on reservations check-in; name, address method of payment, etc.
– Identifies and records special billing instructions
– Completes shift closings accurately
– Follows hotel policies regarding the use of cash banks, drop/deposit logs, etc
– Assists with any other admin needs or requests set by a manager
– Reports any issues or concerns to immediate manager and/or General Manager
– Competent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
– Experience using hotel reservation system such as FOSSE
– Organization skills and attention to detail
– Friendly and customer service oriented
– Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work weekends, weekdays, nights, and holidays
– 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift flexibility is preferred
JOB SETTING AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Employees in this position work primarily indoors. To perform the job successfully the candidate must be able to use a
computer and other standard office equipment, talk to customers on the phone, and maintain a calm demeanor when
dealing with customer issues. Employees must also be able to walk and stand for long periods of time. Fluency in the
English language and the ability to speak, hear, read, and write are required as is the ability to work any hours/days of
the week necessary to meet business requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.