Sales and Events Coordinator
Posted On March 16, 2022
- Reports to the Regional Director of Sales, with close working relationships with General Managers and other key management staff for The French Quarter Inn and The Spectator.
The Sales & Event Coordinator will provide sales, administrative and event planning support for the Regional Director of Sales. This role will lead and implement luxury service for our groups within hotel meeting spaces, aligning with the overall hotel goals. It is this person’s duty to see that all banquet event orders (BEO’s) are created to meet and exceed the guest’s expectations, as well as being executed with the highest attention to detail. This position is responsible for day-to-day operations as well as assisting with short term and long term strategic planning within the department.
- Must exhibit the ability to build a strong rapport with clients
- Communication with clients prior to events to initiate, negotiate, and close contracts for all catered functions
- Maintain strong client relations and ensure that event specifications are communicated and executed for successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees, through emails, phone calls, and in person meetings.
- Development of strong customer relationships through client communication and demonstrate professional, courteous, and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Maintain weekly reporting which will be subject to monitoring and oversight. Reporting will be sent out on Friday and reviewed in the Weekly Monday Morning F&B/Sales Meetings.
- Strive to achieve/exceed Monthly Catering Sales Goal at French Quarter Inn, maximizing revenues for the hotel through up-selling techniques
- Review contracts as well as other important information, i.e. BEOs
- Monitor and enforce program deadline dates
- Participate in site visits and plan meetings for upcoming groups and potential affiliate business as needed.
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, meeting room rental, function space and hotel services. Confirm in writing to the client and affected departments all requirements via Catering Sales contract or Event Order
- Conduct tours of the hotel and banquet facilities and expose clients to facilities and services; entertain qualified potential clients as necessary
- Accurately track consumption on all booking
- Administrative duties: typing, answering telephones, sending/receiving correspondence, etc., as required.
- Solely responsible for coordinating group agendas and BEO’s and meet with F&B Team as well as other departments weekly to discuss Event Details.
- Responsible for coordinating set up and implementation of events and meetings as assigned by DOS and Food and Beverage Director.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating sales & catering files as well as post meeting evaluation notes.
- Responsible for preparing BEO’s, room diagrams, invoices, and folios.
- Responsible for coordinating client payments, inputting rooming lists, and managing room inventory in hotel PMS system
- Responsible for meeting with and greeting clients, conducting property tours, and promoting hotel facilities and services
- Act as Liaison between Director of Sales and clients in Director of Sales’ and Food and Beverage Directors’ absence
- Responsible for following instructions and performing work as assigned by immediate supervisors
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and adhering to proper dress code.
- Follow company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to required team members.
- Participate in networking events both on-site and off-site. This may include charity and community events as well
- As the position and skill sets evolve other responsibilities may be incorporated and will be discussed in person prior to any implementation
Please submit resume to Monica Eversole, Dual Human Resources Manager at [email protected].