Social Media & Marketing Manager for Salthouse Catering
Charleston, SC 29412
Posted On September 28, 2021
Manager ideally reside in the Charleston area, but the majority of the job can be executed remotely.
Starting Time Commitment: 10 hours per week
Starting Hourly Rate: $16-$20 an hour based on experience
– Manager is responsible for maintaining Salthouse Catering’s Instagram account (@salthousecatering).
– Manager schedules posts via Hootsuite. Posts should occur daily. Manager should track Instagram insights to determine optimal time of day for posting. Manager should monitor likes, comments, and shares throughout the day once the post is live. Manager should also like and reply to comments to maintain follower interaction.
– Instagram posts should consist of professional photos, grammatically correct captions and proper crediting and tagging. The feed should be a mixture of food photos, couple and guest appearance photos, celebratory awards photos, and advertisements for Gourmet To Go.
– Manager should scroll through the Salthouse Catering feed daily to interact with accounts that we follow. Manager should also periodically follow back new followers and follow complementary accounts.
– Manager should post on Instagram stories at least three times per week. We have been doing “Motivation Monday” where we post reviews from Google, The Knot, and Wedding Wire. We also did “Team Tuesdays” for a while to highlight and recognize our excellent employees within the company. Story posts can also advertise Gourmet To Go, an upcoming nonprofit or marketing event, an award, or a happening in our kitchen. Reposts are also acceptable.
– Verbal reporting on insights weekly is preferred, especially as it relates to fluctuations in followers.
– Experience in Reels is of interest to us.
– Manager to create and implement giveaways. Manager must track entries and select the winner.
– Manager should stay up to date on Instagram algorithm changes and new/ changing features.
– Manager to create monthly email blasts via Mailchimp to be sent to our multiple mailing lists. Topics include Gourmet To Go holiday menus, recent event highlights, menu additions and changes, staff highlights, and company celebrations.
– Email blasts to include engaging language, proper grammar, photographs with proper credit, and visually appealing layouts.
– Manager to also import and maintain all mailing list contacts and send out “Congratulations on Your Engagement” campaigns as requested.
– Manager to periodically publish blog posts via our Squarespace website. – Blog posts to include engaging language, proper grammar, photographs with proper credit, and visually appealing layouts.
– Manager might help with creating flyers and graphics for various activities such as hiring notices and achievements.
– When using provided logos and graphics for various events around town, Manager must be sure to follow guidelines as requested by the Event Producer
– Manager must maintain the Event Photography folder in the shared Dropbox. This includes properly naming folders, download and saving images from photographer galleries in the proper place, and organizing all photos in a logical manner.
– Time tracked via phone application. Must clock in and out honestly. Any missteps must be reported to the Operations Manager for adjustment.
– Salthouse Catering runs bi-monthly pay periods.
– Manager to receive a Salthouse Catering email address – this must be checked regularly.