Wedding Catering Sales Manager
Posted On August 18, 2023
Rosemary & Rye Catering is looking to add an experienced and ambitious Wedding Catering Sales Manager to join our growing team in Charleston, SC.
This individual will report to the Sales Director and is responsible for inquiry follow-up, account management, and building client and vendor relationships. In addition to salary, this role includes a commission on all bookings made by the Sales Manager. Position requires associate to be in-office 4 days a week with the opportunity to work from home on Mondays after initial training period.
To help our new Sales Manager thrive in this role initial training will be provided, but previous catering experience, ambitious work ethic, solid organizational & communication skills, and a love of the wedding and social events industry are a must.
At R&R we take pride in our company culture. Our goal is to help every employee, not only be successful in their role, but to feel valued and supported in their day-to-day. Our relationship driven approach doesn’t end with our clients, but rather extends to everything that we do. We believe in accountability, radical candor, and in playing as hard as we work (and we work hard). The right candidate for our team will not only meet the job qualification but share similar values in the workplace.
*R&R is an inclusive caterer – Not only do we encourage candidates of any ethnicity, gender, age, religion, orientation, and/or ability to apply for this position but we are also committed to serving our diverse clientele base with equality, compassion and respect.
Include but not limited to…
– Respond to wedding inquiries quickly and appropriately
– Manage all aspects of the event sales process from initial contact through final event execution
– Gather all necessary event information from clients/planners to assist in menu planning, set-up, catering timeline, staffing needs, etc.
– Curate custom food and beverage menus with consideration to dietary restrictions, client preferences, seasonality, and venue logistics
– Assist with event operations (on and offsite) when needed
– Efficiently communicate event details and client needs directly with Director, Owners, Chefs, and Event Managers
– BS degree in Hospitality, Culinary or Sales degree (preferred)
– 1-3+ years work experience as a Catering or Hotel or similar role
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent organizational skills, including time management, analytical thinking, strategic planning, and an acute attention to detail
– Experience with Caterease (a plus)
– Flexibility to work during weekends and holidays on occasion
– Desire to learn and grow with a top notch catering company